F Confessions: Self Doubt - Rural Mama's Sandbox

Confessions: Self Doubt

Self Doubt is my biggest weakness in general, but even more so when it comes to my Faith. Unfortunately, much more often that I'd care to admit, a tiny voice in my head tells me to play it safe, don't take risks, that there is always someone out there that can do things better than me, that I am a nobody, I couldn't possibly help lead someone to finding Christ, or make a difference. I've been slowly coming to the realization that the voice is Not from God. That voice wants me to fail, falter, and give in because if I do, I Can't/Won't make a different. And by make a difference, I don't mean something huge like curing World Hunger over night (although that would be amazing), I am talking about the small things, small things that when added up over time DO make a difference.

I can't quote the Bible inside and out, but sometimes people just need your encouragement because the Faith inside you pours out and envelopes them. When you are a Christian on the inside, it overflows onto the outside where people can see it. Sometimes to make a difference, you just need to send a text, or pick up the phone and make a call, or send a card.  The more I do the little things that make a difference, the more the self doubt seems to be left behind because I know that I don't HAVE to do something huge to make a difference for the Kingdom of God. I just have to care enough to try and do things for all the right reasons.

When I begin to feel that Self Doubt is creeping in, I have begun to reflect on Phillipians 4:13 "For I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength." and 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline." The first verse is my Go To Verse, I repeat it to myself over and over for encouragement. The second gives me a strong drive to continue on and be bold!

I'm not going to lie, sometimes I believe that voice in my head and Self Doubt rears its ugly head. During those times God knows exactly when I need Him and I always hear or see those verses in the strangest places and at oddest times, but they are always there!

How do you handle Self Doubt? Are there Bible verses that help you with the battle?

Have a wonderful day dear followers and God Bless!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments HERE: