F Lost but not Forgotten - Rural Mama's Sandbox

Lost but not Forgotten

Well, it has been a sad couple of weeks around the farm.

We lost one of our Miniature horses, Prayer, a couple weeks ago. He died naturally, just laid down and passed. He was the smallest of our Pint Sized Posse and the sweetest as well. He was always willing to do anything you asked, no matter how silly. He also LOVED pulling his cart, he loved having a job and it gave him a purpose.

Then, yesterday, my husband called me on his way to work and told me my Peacock had been hit by a car. I got up immediately and went out. He was in rigor and had been hit sometime early in the morning. Our farm help came down to the house and helped me bury him next to the woods in our back yard. I sure will miss him. He was becoming part of the family and I thoroughly enjoyed him hanging around the backyard and herding my ducks and geese. I am sad that he is gone, but I don't regret letting him free range, he was the happiest he had ever been with me and I am so glad that he was able to have that!


They say these things come in THREES, but I hope not. I really don't want to loose another animal this month. I guess it is just a reminder that life is short and we should appreciate every minute we have!

Have a wonderful night dear followers!


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments HERE: