F Our First Change - Rural Mama's Sandbox

Our First Change

I had mentioned in a previous post that we are experiencing a lot of changes around our house. The first change started February 14th. As if I am not busy enough with the girls, I've decided to take classes to become a facilitator for a Batterer's Intervention Program (BIP) in our area. Our family has a great love and appreciation for animals and we believe strongly that in order to stop the abuse and neglect of domestic animals, you must intervene at the initial source. Many times people who abuse animals do so because they think it is okay and often learn this behavior from their parents. If a child watches his parents fight and sees one parent abuse the other they are 1500% more likely to abuse as an adult or become a victim.

Clients in the BIP learn valuable lessons about abuse and listening to their own conscience. The first part of my training involves sitting through classes as though I am a client. I have to admit that after listening to the others interact and tell their stories, I have an even greater appreciation for my husband and the life we live. Praise God I am where I am today and I didn't have to go through some of the tough life lessons some of these people have gone through!

Do you have any special causes that are close to your heart? Please share!

Have a great day dear followers!


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments HERE: