F Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood - Rural Mama's Sandbox

Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

What a beautiful day! It was in the 50s here, so the girls and I spent most of the day outdoors. I inspected our landscape to see what survived winter and what needed fixed. I am amazed that in FEBRUARY I have green shoots popping up everywhere! Has spring decided to come early this year?

Hopefully, we will be moving into our new home soon. There is still a lot of work that needs to be done in the new house, but its coming along slowly but surely. A friend of ours will be living in our current home after we move, but I want to make sure that she has little to no work that needs to be done to the yard or landscape after we are gone. 

So, since the weather was nice today I busted out my gloves and got to work cleaning up leaves and weeds around the house and the backyard. Once I got the leaves cleared decently, I was bummed to see absolutely no hostas under the tree in our front yard. Our neighbor had problems with the deer eating her hostas in her woods, but I had thought that ours survived. I'm hoping they are just hiding under the soil, waiting to pop up soon, but we'll see.  We've had several wind storms this winter so, I began working on picking up the branches and sticks that are scattered through the back yard. Big Sister was a little help, picking up sticks and placing them where I instructed. However, she is 2 and easily distracted, so most of her time she was spent poking the ground with sticks or drawing lines in the sand.

As I worked I became increasingly excited about working on the garden at our new house. I have already ordered vegetables for my raised planters, but am still trying to decide on what flowers to use in on the porch and around the house. I guess I probably shouldn't call it a porch, its just a large concrete pad that isn't attached to the house. We will be adding a deck around the house and connect it to the concrete pad, where the garden will be. This will be the first time I've attempted to keep an active garden going, our "porch" is mostly full sun, so if you have any tips or tricks PLEASE leave me a comment!

I hope you had as wonderful a day as I did dear followers,

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. What a crazy winter we've been having, right? I love to watch the plants popping out of the ground when it starts warming up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it has been a crazy winter, but I'm not complaining one bit! I'm not a fan of winter weather in general so this winter was really nice for me!

      Delete

Please leave your comments HERE: