F Homemade Baby Wipe Solution - Rural Mama's Sandbox

Homemade Baby Wipe Solution


I've been meaning to post this for almost a week or two now and finally remembered to do so. Boy is my "Mommy Brain" getting bad!

It seemed like we were spending way too much on diaper wipes and I finally decided I was done doing it. When I first got into cloth diapers (Thanks to Christina H. and the Moms from 2009 Junebugs Group on CafeMom.com) I think I was a little intimidated by the thought of using cloth wipes with a wipe solution and kind of threw the idea of doing it towards the back of my mind. It wasn't until just recently that I decided to give it a whirl. I was DONE with spending the money for "Sensitive, Fragrance Free, Alcohol Free" Wipes that still seemed to BURN when Big Sister got a diaper rash. I was DONE fighting with her to get poo off her bum because the wipes HURT. So, I broke down and searched for Homemade Wipe Solutions on the internet. I found several resources that I pulled from to make a couple solutions that work well for both of my girls! Here are the two solutions that we are using now!

Big Sister's Solution

Ingredients:
1/4 cup White Vinegar
1 tablespoon Aveeno Baby Fragrance Free Soothing Relief Creamy Wash
4 drops Tea Tree Oil
1 cup Water

Little Sister's Solution

Ingredients:
1/4 teaspoon Lansinoh Lanolin (100% pure)
1 tablespoon Aveeno Baby Fragrance Free Soothing Relief Creamy Wash
4 drops Tea Tree Oil
4 cups Water

Want to make a solution of your own? Check out some great recipes here:

Zany Zebra Designs

I made enough of the solutions to fill 1/2 of a gallon water jug. I fill up smaller perineum bottles with the solutions so that I can use it easier. I acquired the perineum bottles from the hospital after I gave birth to my girls, they work GREAT for the solutions! I spray the solutions onto my cloth wipes, which are  actually small baby wash cloths I got from my baby showers for Big Sister. They are JUST the right size to get the job done, but seemed just too small to use as wash cloths for baths.

Little Sister's Solution is much more mild than Big Sisters because Big Sister tends to get irritated from time to time from her own poo... depending on what she eats (sorry if TMI). The Vinegar seems to help prevent the redness from turning into a rash and if she does get a rash it doesn't seem to burn her like the store bought wipes were doing.

Well, I hope I helped you all out a little! Enjoy your Homemade Wipe Solutions!

Have a GREAT day dear followers!
Kelsey

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments HERE: